The UNC Adams School of Dentistry Craniofacial Center (CFC) is an interdisciplinary team of professionals dedicated to the care of patients with cleft lip, cleft palate and other craniofacial anomalies, and their families.
Experience has shown that these complex issues can best be managed by an interdisciplinary team of specialists who work together to create and update the patient’s health care plan.
This team may include specialists in adult general dentistry, audiology, genetics, neurosurgery, otolaryngology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, ophthalmology, pediatrics, pediatric dentistry, plastic surgery, prosthodontics, psychology, social work, speech-language pathology, speech pressure-flow assessments and more.
Individualized financial arrangements are available, and this program accepts payment from major medical, health and dental insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Special Health Services and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Social work
- Speech-language pathology
Meet Our Specialists
- BS, MS, Biology, George Washington University
- DMD, Temple University School of Dentistry
- MD, New York Medical College
- Member, American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- Member, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Certified, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- MD, UNC School of Medicine, 1981
- Residency, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1981-1983
- Residency, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1983-87
- Fellowship, Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1987-1988
- MA, American History, University of Virginia
- MEd, Speech Language Pathology, University of Virginia
Lauren Leeper (Kilpatrick)
- MD, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, 2007
- Residency, Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, Medial University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2007-2012
- Fellowship, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, Little Rock, AR, 2012-2014
- PhD, Pediatric Psychology, Duke University
- MD, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- Plastic Surgery Residency, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
- Fellowship, Craniofacial, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BSN, Nursing, University of Cincinnati
- MSN, Nursing, University of Cincinnati
- BA, Biology, Hampton University
- PhD, Physics, Princeton University