Prosthodontists are experts in the replacement of missing teeth. Whether from age or accident, treatments of missing teeth include fixed devices, such as dental crowns or bridges, or removable devices, such as dentures.
Crowns function as covers or caps on a damaged tooth, helping to strengthen and improve it’s appearance, shape and alignment. Crowns may also be placed on top of dental implants, to provide a tooth-like shape and structure.
Bridges may be recommended for patients who are missing more than one tooth. They span the space where teeth are missing, and are anchored to natural teeth or implants surrounding the missing teeth.
Although crowns and bridges can last many years, our prosthodontists will assist patients in providing education and maintenance to make sure they last.
Dentures are replacements for missing teeth than be taken out and put back into your mouth. Prosthodontists will help determine if partial or full dentures are the right fit for your needs.
- Complete dentures and overdentures
- Precision attachment partial dentures
- Implant restorations and crowns
- Fixed partial dentures (bridges) and removable partial dentures
- Appliances that help treat sleep apnea (nighttime breathing difficulty)
- Analysis and treatment of bite problems
- Maxillofacial appliances such as replacements for missing noses, ears and other facial parts
Meet Our Prosthodontists
- PhD, Sahlgrenska Akademy, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Master Certificate, Medical and Biological Sciences, Medical School, Montpellier, France
- Certificate, Prosthodontics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- DDS, School of Dentistry, Montpellier, France
Wendy AuClair Clark
- DDS, Marquette University
- MS, University of Alabama
- DDS, University of Southern California
- MS, Periodontics/Prosthodontics, University of Texas
- BS, Biochemistry, North Carolina State University
- BA, Chemistry, North Carolina State University
- Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics and American Board of Periodontology
Ingeborg De Kok
- Certificate, Dental Implant, UNC Adams School of Dentistry
- MS, Prosthodontics, University of North Carolina
- DDS, Dentistry, Universidad Central De Venezuela
- MS, Prosthodontics, UNC Adams School of Dentistry
- Certificate, Prosthodontics, UNC Adams School of Dentistry
- BDS, University of Jordan
- DDS, Belo Horizonte School of Dentistry, Minas Gerais Federal University
- PhD, School of Dentistry at Araraquara, Sao Paulo State University
- MS, Bauru School of Dentistry, Sao Paulo State University
- MS, UNC Adams School of Dentistry
- Certificate, Prosthodontics, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- DDS, UNC Adams School of Dentistry
- BS, Biology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte