The Dental Sleep Medicine Clinic offers individualized oral appliance therapy for the management of sleep-disordered breathing in adults and adolescents.
Candidates for oral appliance therapy include individuals who are diagnosed by a physician with any of the following:
- Primary snoring
- Mild-to-moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea (those who cannot tolerate CPAP)
- Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome
Patients who require an oral appliance as an adjunct to their CPAP (combination therapy) to achieve better CPAP compliance or effectiveness may also benefit from a dental sleep medicine specialist.
Meet Our Specialists
- PhD, Physiology, UNC-Chapel Hill
- DDS, UNC Adams School of Dentistry
- BS, Mathematics, UNC-Chapel Hill